All traffic flowing through a tracker is attributed to a specific media source. mTraction allows you to select from a variety of Media Sources, and lets you create unique identifier based Trackers/Campaigns to easily track and attribute your data.
Please follow the steps below to configure Media Sources as per your requirements:
1. Open the Media Source Configuration wizard from either of the following entry points:
- In the Reports section of mTraction – Select the Add Media Source link below the Applications drop down at the top left corner.
- Alternatively, from the My Apps section of mTraction –
- Select the Media Sources link against the Application, you need to configure Media Sources.
- Click on Add Media Source button on the top right corner.
2. On the Media Source Configuration wizard:
- Select the Media Source from the drop-down.
- Enter an Campaign Name (optional) to create a unique Media Source tracker for the campaign.
- Optionally, some media sources may provide a static value that needs to be passed back along with Install post-back. This step may not be applicable for all the media sources. For whom it is not applicable it will not be displayed on this wizard screen.
- View and verify the Tracker URL which is auto generated based on the above steps.
- Click on Add Media Source button.
3. Optionally, you can configure In App Events for which you want us to send the postback to the media source. Kindly note that configuring In App Events for Media Sources is subject to the support of events tracking by the respective Media Sources.
- Click on the In App events section on the Media Source configuration wizard.
- Select the event from the drop-down for which you want us to send the post-back to the media source.
- As optional post-back settings,
- Some media sources may provide a static value that needs to be passed back along with event post-back. This step may not be applicable for all the media sources. For whom it is not applicable it will not be displayed on this wizard screen.
- Some media sources may provide a unique value for each event for which you may want us to send the post-back to the media source.
- If you decide not to send postback for a particular event to the media source, you may delete it by clicking on “trash” button against the included event. You may also copy/view the postbacks from the buttons against the included event.
4. To delete a Media Source – From the Media Sources list, Click on the trash icon against the item to be deleted.